Recipe from Paul Wallien
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 Pounds Steak, Cubed
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Whole Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Whole Jalapeno Peppers, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 15 Ounces Kidney Beans
- 15 Ounces Great Northern Beans, or Your Favorite Beans, Undrained
- 28 Ounces Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- 16 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 6 Ounces Tomato Paste
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove sausage from casing, add sausage and beef. Cook until browned.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapenos, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until onion softens, about 4 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, cilantro and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Cook, partly covered, until flavors have blended, about 3 hours.
- Adjust seasonings as necessary, serve with desired toppings.
Don't use crushed tomatoes.