Spicy Miso Pasta
Recipe from Chrissy Teigen
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Ounces Bacon, Diced
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Blond or Light Miso
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Water
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 3/4 Pound Dry Spaghetti
- 2 Ounces Finely Grated Parmigiano Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Scallions
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a low boil, cover, and keep hot on a low burner. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet, then add the bacon and cook until crisped and the fat is rendered, 9 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- In a bowl, whisk together the chili garlic sauce, miso, and hot water from boiling pot until smooth, then beat in the eggs. Cook the pasta according to box instructions until al dente and drain, reserving half of a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the skillet with the bacon and toss to combine. Heat over medium heat until everything is nice and hot. Add the egg mixture, reduce the heat to low, and quickly toss until the eggs coat the pasta but aren’t scrambled. Add the cheese, pepper, and pasta water as desired until the sauce reaches your desired flavor and consistency. Taste, and add more chili garlic sauce if you like things spicy. Toss in the scallions. Divide among bowls, and garnish with more scallions and Parm.