Recipe from Dez and Jer
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Ground Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Whole Large Onion, Chopped
- 12 Ounces Mushrooms, Washed and Chopped
- 4 Whole Fresh Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 30 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 30 Ounces Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 1/2 Cup Dry Merlot
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Dash Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasonings
- Fry sausage and beef until brown, drain and remove from pan.
- Fry onions, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil until onions are transparent.
- Add meat, tomato sauce, wine, diced tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
Merlot or other dry red
Italian seasonings are simply a mixture of oregano, basil, marjoram, sage, etc. Pre-made mixtures can be purchased at the store. Crushed red pepper flakes are another recommended addition.