Recipe from Alton Brown
- 2 Pounds Sirloin Steak
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Cut the beef into 1.5 inch cubes and place into a mixing bowl or large plastic sealable bag.
- Place the garlic, spices, and wine vinegar into a food processor. Blend and while still blending, drizzle in olive oil, mix well.
- Pour marinade mixture over beef and mix well, marinate in fridge for 2 - 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread the meat onto the skewers leaving about .5 inch in between the pieces of meat. Place on the grill and cook, with lid lowered, 2 to 3 minutes per side, 8 to 12 minutes in all (8 minutes for rare and 12 for medium).
- Remove from the heat to aluminum foil, wrap and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes prior to serving.