Memphis Barbecue Sauce
Recipe from John Von Dollen
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- Combine all the ingredients except for oil.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring often.
- Using a splatter screen, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and whisk in oil until blended.
- Store in a sealed container in refrigerator.