Indian Butter Chicken
- 2 Pounds Diced Chicken Breast or Tenderloins
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
- 2 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 6 Ounces Tomato Paste
- 1 Whole Onion, Minced
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Turn instant pot on saute mode.
- Place stick of butter into the pot and let it melt.
- Toss in onions, garlic and cook until halfway done, then add the coconut milk, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the Curry Powder, Ground Cumin, Ginger, Cayenne Pepper, Garam Masala, and salt to taste.
- Place chicken in the pot and cover with sauce. Cook on Manual at pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes and release remaining pressure.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water together. Add it to the pot and mix well. Let pot boil until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over a bed of basmati rice or jasmine rice.
Garnish with cilantro if desired.