Chicken Tamale Bake
Recipe from Andrea Dietterle
- 1 Whole Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Can Cream Style Corn
- 1 Whole Corn Bread Muffin Mix (8.5 Oz)
- 1 Can Chopped Green Chilis (4 Oz)
- 1/3 Cup Two Percent Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 10 Ounces Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix base ingredients in bowl until combined. Place in 13x9 greased baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large skillet, combine topping ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Spread cooked topping over base in baking dish, add cheese on top.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes until cheese is melted.