Sesame Chicken And Noodles In Mushroom Broth
Recipe from Dan Wallien
- 4 Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth, Low Sodium
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 Teaspoons Soy Sauce, Low Sodium
- 2 Teaspoons Fish Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Whole Piece Fresh Ginger, 2 Inches, Sliced
- 1 Whole Serrano Chile, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Red Bell Pepper, Lengthwise
- 4 Whole Baby Bok Choy, Cut In Half Lengthwise
- 2 Cups Fresh Chinese-Style Noodles
- 1 Pound Chicken Cutlets
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- Remove mushroom stems. Thinly slice caps; set caps aside. Add all other Broth ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat.
- In a separate saucepan, add noodles and cook until done. Drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper. Press sesame seeds into both sides of chicken. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Add bok choy, cut sides down; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Add reserved mushroom slices and bell pepper. Strain broth mixture through sieve into pan; cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove vegetables with slotted spoon.
- Thinly slice chicken. Place a serving of noodles, a serving of vegetables, and a serving of chicken into shallow bowls. Spoon broth mixture into bowl. Garnish each with two lime wedges.