- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 Whole Medium Carrot, Finely Grated
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Whole Green Onions
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil for Frying
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan and a couple teaspoon olive oil over medium-low heat. Mixture will be slightly stick, so using a measuring cup, drop mixture into pan ad lightly flatten to .5 in thick.
- Fry until golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
These burgers can be baked in the oven versus frying. To cook quinoa use 1 cup uncooked quinoa, 2 cups water, .5 teaspoon salt. In a medium saucepan bring the 2 cups water and .5 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until all water is absorbed and the seeds are tender.