Pearl Couscous With Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Pounds Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Unpeeled
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 1/4 Cups Pearl Couscous
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives, Pitted and Diced
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Mint
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Halve tomatoes through stem ends and arrange, cut sides up, in 1 layer in a large shallow (1-inch-deep) baking pan. Add garlic to pan and roast in middle of oven until tomatoes are slightly shriveled around edges, about 1 hour. Cool in pan on a rack 30 minutes.
- Peel garlic and puree with oil, water, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and handful of roasted tomatoes in a blender until dressing is very smooth.
- Bring broth to a boil in a heavy saucepan and stir in couscous, then simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread couscous in 1 layer on a baking sheet and cool 15 minutes. Transfer couscous to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients, dressing, roasted tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roasted tomatoes, dressing, and couscous can be made 1 day ahead and kept separately, covered and chilled. Bring to room temperature before proceeding.
Excluded the mint and parsley and it still tastes great.