Chipotle Chicken Burritos
- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Mexican Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Green Chilis
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chipotle Peppers and Adobo Sauce
- 8 Whole Tortillas
- Place two chicken breasts into a large skillet. Pour a can of Mexican Stewed tomatoes over the chicken.
- Over high heat, bring the ingredients to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to medium high and cover the pan with the lid at an angle to so that some of the steam can escape. Cook chicken 15-20 minutes until done.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Keep the juices in the pan cooking at a simmer.
- Chop the chicken into small chunks with a sharp knife. Carefully place the chicken back into the brothy skillet.
- Rinse and drain one can of black beans, one can of corn and one single can of green chilis. Add them to the skillet.
- Add one package of cream cheese, smoked paprika, and chipotle peppers with adobo sauce.
- Let it continue to simmer over medium high heat for about 10 minutes to allow the ingredients to heat through and the sauce to thicken up just a bit. Give it a good stir occasionally.
- Serve in tortillas as burritos or as a dip with chips.
The original recipe recommends using 3 cups chicken broth but it is too watery. Use liquid from stewed tomatoes instead of chicken broth.