- 2 Cups Diced Peeled Potatoes
- 1 3/4 Cups Sliced Carrots
- 1 Cup Butter, Cubed
- 2/3 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 3/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 3/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 2 Whole Packages Refrigerated Pie Pastry
- Preheat oven to 425. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat.
- Unroll a pastry sheet into each of two 9 inch pie plates; trim even with rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining pastry; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is for 2 potpies. Freeze half of filling.