Recipe from Kevin Fujii
- 6 Whole Egg Yolks
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1 1/4 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pound Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Strong Brewed Coffee, Room Temp
- 2 Tablespoons Rum
- 6 Ounces Ladyfinger Cookies
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.