- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and salt, beat until incorporated.
- Add flour and sprinkles and beat until mixture forms into a shaggy dough.
- Use your hands to shape the dough into a ball. Divide the dough into 2 and place each dough ball into a sandwich-sized ziploc bag and seal.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough inside the sealed ziploc bag to spread it out. It will be roughly 1/2 inch thick when rolled. Refrigerate for 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a half sheet baking pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Take one of the flattened doughs at a time and cut off the ziploc bag. Chop the dough into small 1/2 inch squares, and place on the baking sheet about 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just starting to brown on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Frosting can be added if desired. Quin sprinkles are recommended.