Circus Animal Cookie Truffles
Recipe from Heidi Jordan
- 12 Ounces Frosted Circus Animal Cookies
- 6 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Whole White Almond Bark
- 1 Dash Sprinkles
- Place half of the animal cookies in a food processor and whirl around until finely ground. Pour cookie crumbs in a large bowl and repeat with remaining cookies.
- Add the frosting or cream cheese in the bowl with the cookie crumbs and mix well. Use your hands if desired because this will make mixture more consistent. Form cookie mixture into approximately 1 inch truffles and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to harden back up a bit and make for easier rolling.
- When you are ready to decorate, prepare almond bark according to package directions.
- Dip half of truffles in the melted candy/chocolate and return them to the parchment paper lined baking sheet, pouring on sprinkles after each candy dip. Don't wait too long to add sprinkles or the candy will harden and the sprinkles will not stick. Repeat with other candy.
8 oz cream cheese frosting can be used instead of cream cheese