Chocolate Sundae Dessert
Recipe from Grandma Schuelke
- 20 Whole Chocolate Oreos
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 5 1/3 Ounces Evaporated Milk
- 2 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate Squares
- 4 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream, Whipped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts
- Crush cookies, add butter, and blend well.
- Reserve a small amount of the mixture for topping and press remaining crumbs into a 9x13 pan. Freeze.
- Combine sugar, milk, and chocolate. Bring to a boil and then cool.
- Layer softened ice cream over frozen crumbs.
- Poor cooked chocolate mixture over ice cream and refreeze.
- Spread whipped cream over dessert. Sprinkle reserved crumbs and nuts over top.
- Keep frozen until 15 minutes before serving.