Uncle Buck's Rhubarb Hooch
Recipe from Steve Giedt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 6 Cups Vodka
- 1 Cup Grand Mariner
- 1 1/2 Pounds Rhubarb, Coarsely Chopped
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring just until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place coarsely chopped rhubarb in wide-mouth jars.
- Mix vodka, Grand Mariner, and cooled sugar syrup together.
- Pour liquid over rhubarb in jars. Screw lid on tightly and let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks or until all the color leaches out of the rhubarb.
- Strain mixture, discard solids, and enjoy.
More rhubarb can be used, just make sure all rhubarb is covered in liquid for fermenting.