- 225 Grams Grated Zucchini
- 140 Grams All-Purpose Flour
- 85 Grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 Grams Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 115 Grams Granulated Sugar
- 115 Grams Light Brown Sugar
- 85 Grams Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Grease a 8.5x4.5 loaf pan and line with a 7x13 sheet of parchment paper so that parchment hangs over the long sides of the pan forming a sling.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat to 350°.
- Place grated zucchini in a colander and press against the sides to extract liquid, or wrap in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze to remove excess liquid. You should end up with about 6.5 ounces (1.5 cups; 185g) drained zucchini. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until thoroughly combined and sugars are dissolved.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Using a flexible spatula, mix just until just incorporated, and no dry flour remains. Fold in zucchini and walnuts (or pecans, dried fruit, or chocolate chips), if using.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake until loaf is domed and golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out with few moist crumbs attached, or to an internal temperature of around 200°F (93°C), about 1 hour.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes. Run a butter knife along edges to loosen, then lift loaf using overhanging parchment and transfer to a cutting board. Slice with a serrated knife and serve.
Add 60g toasted chopped walnuts if desired. If using table salt, use half as much by volume.