Goat Cheese And Fig Dip
Recipe from Allison Gonzales
- 1 Pound Goat Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Dried Mission Figs, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Dry Sherry
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/3 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 Pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Crumble the goat cheese in an oven safe dish and set aside.
- In a sauce pot combine the figs and sherry with enough water to barely cover the figs. Place the sauce pot over high heat and bring up to a bubble, cover and remove from the heat and let the figs plump while the onions are cooking.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the plumped figs from the sauce pot, leaving behind any of the pluming liquid. Add the figs to the cooked onions, stir to combine and then spoon over the goat cheese. Place the dish into the top half of the oven for 20 minutes, until the edges begin to bubble.
- Remove and serve immediately with sliced baguettes or chips.